Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)
The mission of the organization is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing and related fields. DECA members can begin their experience as early as the tenth grade by enrolling in sports marketing. They can retain their membership in DECA as long as they are enrolled in a marketing course. As part of a high school chapter, DECA members can take full advantage of DECA activities, including competitive events, while preparing themselves to be college and career ready upon graduation. If you have any more questions email Scott Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings and Membership
DECA meets weekly on Thursdays during Liberty Hour in Room 707 or 700, You join through Marketing, Entrepreneurship, and Sports Marketing classes. Fees vary each year.
Goals of DECA
- To prepare marketing education students to take their places in the business world
- To develop leadership characteristics
- To develop self-confidence and self-acceptance
- To develop a greater understanding of our competitive, free enterprise system
- To further develop occupational competencies needed for careers in marketing management and entrepreneurship
- To develop high ethical standards in personal and business relationships
- To develop a greater proficiency in communication
- To develop greater appreciation of the responsibilities of citizenship
- To develop a highly competitive spirit
- To develop social and business etiquette
Liberty High School DECA students competed at the Career Development Conference at Fat Fish Blue in Zona Rosa on February 14th. Out of the 7 students who competed, Jon Gilmor qualified for state competition!